This session will be a panel discussion with other entrepreneurs in Ghana regarding the realities of (digital) distribution and its impacts on how and where and with whom we decide to sell our products - and why distribution in the States may make more sense than in other African countries. We will begin with a brief presentation of the work we do and how our work relates to the discussion topic.
Panelists, sharing their particular expertise and experience, will enter into a free-form exploration of the following:
- The role of digital technology in distribution (e-commerce / app and website based subscription services)
- Key distribution challenges on the continent and overseas (shipping / fulfillment / tax / corruption)
- Key motivations for exploring trade outside of the continent (market size / fulfillment mechanisms)
- Engagement and enhancement of new or existing technologies for distribution on the continent (apps / rider delivery services etc)
- The meaning of pan-Africanism / pan-African mutual development and how it relates to business / distribution
The audience will be invited to ask questions and particularly to give their feedback on why it may (or may not) be important to consider and enhance mutual-development between African countries.