Evening Music and Cultural Programme
rpAccra offers a free evening programme each night, for conference participants to stay on, and for anyone to join in.
* A street party on the opening on Thursday Dec 13th with electronic music from the UK and Ghana.
* M.anifest will premiere a live score to the film We Live In Silence by Kudzanai Chiurai on Friday Dec 14th, at 8 pm. A poetry slam and DJ set will round off the first conference day.
* re:publica is also about dancing! Join us for the closing parties with live concerts and DJs.
- Arts & CultureEvening Music and Cultural Programme-DJ Keyzuz: dubstep, trap, and future bass.
- Arts & CultureEvening Music and Cultural Programme-Kampire is a core member of Kampala’s Nyege Nyege collective. She’s one of East Africa’s most exciting young DJs, travelling outside Uganda to play festivals in Europe, UK, Burkina Faso and Democratic Republic Of Congo. Her sets of bass-heavy music are inspired by her upbringing in a mining town along Zambia’s copper belt, where she listened to Congolese music and African pop.
- Arts & CultureEvening Music and Cultural Programme-Rap Performance fused with afrobeats and funky and experimental club sounds.
- Arts & CultureEvening Music and Cultural Programme-Cina Soul is a soul singer from Jamestown, Accra, who has lit up many stages and touched her fans hearts over the past few years.
- Arts & CultureEvening Music and Cultural Programme-A premiere collaboration of renowned artists Kudzanai Chiurai (Zimbabwe) and M.anifest (Ghana). With WE LIVE IN SILENCE, Kudzanai Chiurai addresses the complexities of race, gender, colonization and the post-colony, imagining colonial futures and contesting dominant colonial narratives. M.anifest and band create a live soundtrack to the film, a special composition performed live for the first time. A special highlight not to be missed.
- Arts & CultureEvening Music and Cultural Programme-Album presentation of “Sacred Groves”: electronic music from pan-African ethnographic field recordings.
- Arts & CultureEvening Music and Cultural Programme-You’re invited to join us and our local partner, Impact Hub Accra at a pre-re:publica street party on 13th December as we kickoff re:publica Accra with good vibes, great music, food and wild cocktail mixes from the Republic Bar!
Venue: Impact Hub Accra
- Arts & CultureEvening Music and Cultural Programme-Todays's entertainment scene is characterised by big stage concerts/shows, Millions of fans in the stands & a great gulf between artist and the art lover. While social media has created a closer interactive field for the two parties, fans still have limited access to Artist.
Jive explored this social need of the creative consumer and came up with a great solution. One night where fans get to intimately experience a range of talented and diverse acts in a live, interactive and unplugged session.
- Arts & CultureEvening Music and Cultural Programme-The two music acts Johanna Amelie (based in Berlin) and the Musical Lunatics (based in Accra) will contribute a group performance to re:publica Accra. The musicians will improvise together, complement each other, and merge many different musical styles. Johanna Amelie's indie-folky sounds are mixed with the diverse influences of the musical lunatics, ranging from soul, to funk, to afro-pop and world-trap.
They are joined on stage for selected songs by Eli A Free and Betina Quest.